Online: book, alter or cancel your appointments at your own convenience via our online service, Systm Online. To register for online services, please bring in the form below with a photo ID and a proof of your current address and we will send you login details. Please allow approximately two weeks for your request to be fulfilled.
Application for SystmOnline
Telephone: please call 01872 272272 to book an appointment
Reception: our team of receptionists will be more than happy to help
The Three Spires Appointment System:
When booking appointments, our trained Patient Advisers will ask a few questions, asking these questions will ensure that we can get the right type of help for you as quickly as possible from the most appropriate member of our Practice team.
- This type of appointment system is called Active Signposting and has been designed using NHS England guidance.
- This system has been put into place by the GP Partners so we can get the right type of help for you as quickly as possible. When you contact the Practice, our trained Patient Advisers will ask you for more information about the medical reason for your contact. This information will be used to direct you to the most appropriate member of our team which may include one of our nurses, a phlebotomist or one of our GPs.
- All our Patient Advisers have received face-to-face training by EPI and use red flag protocols devised from national guidance.
We are constantly reviewing our appointment system to ensure that we meet the needs of our patients.
Our aim is to:
- provide care to patients who have a medical problem which needs to be dealt with on the 'same day' which cannot wait
- facilitate 'continuity of care' by having sufficient appointments available to allow patients to book in advance with all members of the Practice team including the GP of their choice.
Our 'same day' service is provided by our duty doctor.
If you are undergoing a period of 'on going medical care' you are invited to book your appointments in advance.
Our GPs currently offer appointments at 10 minute intervals. The appointment is designed for one patient only and the Doctor can only cope with a limited number of problems. We recognise that some problems may take longer to sort out than was anticipated so if you feel you will need more time, please highlight this when booking your appointment as it may be possible to give you a double appointment. If you have more problems to discuss than time allows your clinician may ask you to book a follow-up appointment. It is therefore important to discuss the problem causing you the most concern first. Remember the more problems you bring with you the less time the clinician has to spend on each problem.
We do try to keep to time but we ask you to be patient if you find there is a delay. Our receptionists will notify you on arrival if a clinic is running more than 30 minutes late. If you haven't been told and you are kept waiting, feel free to ask why. Please always arrive on time for your appointment, if you are running late please ring ahead to let us know.
Please always inform the Practice as soon as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment so that the clinic time is not wasted and your appointment can be offered to someone else.
Speaking to a doctor:
If you need to speak to your doctor, please leave a message with the receptionist and he / she will call you back when available or after surgery. Doctors do not take telephone calls whilst consulting unless you have a medical emergency.
Privacy at Reception:
If you wish to speak to a receptionist in private, please mention this when you arrive.
Test and X-Ray results:
Most test results arrive electronically from the hospital and normally take between 3 - 7 days. Whist we endeavour to notify you of any serious results, you are requested to telephone or call into the Practice for confirmation of your test results. Our telephone lines are really busy between 8.00 am and 11.30 am, so we ask that you call after 2.00 pm, if possible.
The Practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate, unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results.